The Bryan High School Band maintains several ways to get your band information: the band website, website calendar, and much more. Often, when info is really important, we will email it out to the band. Unfortunately, email is sometimes an unreliable system to deliver important news and isn’t great for last minute changes or updates. Many people don’t check their email but once a day. Furthermore, students are relying less on email and more on text messaging than ever.
So, we have Remind 101. Whenever important info needs to be distributed, last minute changes arise, or important deadlines come up, we will send out remind message to everyone enrolled in the class. Here are some examples of how we use the system.
- Marching Rehearsal has been cancelled due to weather.
- Reminder: Band Registration this Sunday.
- Inspection time has changed to 5:30pm.
- It is 11:00pm and we are just leaving the stadium. Estimated return time to BHS is now 11:15pm.
- The band has arrived back at the band hall. Students are ready to be picked up.