The Bryan High School Band maintains several ways to get your band information: the band website, website calendar, and much more. Often, when info is really important, we will email it out to the band. Unfortunately, email is sometimes an unreliable system to deliver important news and isn’t great for last minute changes or updates. Many people don’t check their email but once a day. Furthermore, students are relying less on email and more on text messaging than ever.
So, we have a SMS (Text Messaging) Headlines Feed. Whenever important info needs to be distributed, last minute changes arise, or important deadlines come up, we will send out an SMS to everyone enrolled in the Headlines Feed. Here are some examples of how we will use the new system.
- Marching Rehearsal has been cancelled due to weather.
- Reminder: Band Registration this Sunday.
- Inspection time has changed to 5:30pm.
- It is 11:00pm and we are just leaving the stadium. Estimated return time to BHS is now 11:15pm.
- The band has arrived back at the band hall. Students are ready to be picked up.
Interested? Here is how to set it up!
- Go to www.twitter.com and set up a free account.
- Once you are logged in, click on “Take Twitter with you – Set up your mobile phone” in the box on the right side of the screen.
- Follow the instructions to set up your phone. Make sure you enter your phone number.
- Once your phone is set up, go to www.twitter.com/BHSVikingBand
- Click the box that says “Follow”
- Click on the box that says “Following – Device Updates Off” and change the selection to “ON”.
And you are all set! From now on you will receive Text Message Notifications from the Viking Band.
Note: Be sure to check with your cell provider to make sure text messages are covered in your phone’s service plan.
If you want to stop receiving messages from the band, simply reply to any message with OFF.